Pages

Saturday, October 08, 2011

What's On The Menu Tonight?

I really enjoy cooking, but to be honest, I don't have to cook often and I really only have to cook things I feel like making or eating. The boys and husband eat before I get home from work on weekdays. I'm not much of a dinner eater so I generally make a salad or heat up soup or something.

But on the weekends, I cook a lot. Breakfast, lunch and dinner if the boys want it. And I usually make meals for the week. And I bake. And I bake. And I bake.

So anyway, I am lucky enough to avoid the grind of cooking that many other women (people?) have to endure. Which is just as well. In our house, we have a lot of tastes going on. I don't think I could handle doing this every day :

Nachos 'Fletcher Style' - grilled corn chips, melted cheese, pasta sauce - never salsa! - and sour cream.

Nachos 'a la Jarvy' - corn chips and cheese. Not heated, not melted, no sauce, no cream.
That kids eating habits deserve a blog post of their own. A very short one!

My Favourite - lebanese bread, hommus, warm bulghur pilaf, tabbouli. I try to have these these things on hand at all times. I could eat this every day.

Shane's dinner. BBQ Wings, bacon ranch dip (buttermilk and sour cream), coleslaw - never store bought, always with lemon.

And that is a typical night in our house. Four meals. Painful but luckily not too difficult. I only have to do it twice a week.

Please note - my children do not often eat corn chips and cheese. We understand nachos is a 'sometimes' food. Thank you. Yes, these are iPhone photos. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment