Pages

Wednesday, October 05, 2011

Jackhammer Day

My husband sometimes works with a jackhammer. Then he has a headache when he gets home and says I couldn't imagine what it's like to have a jackhammer slamming in your ears all day. I say it must be terrible but I don't think too much about it. I never work with jackhammers.
At 6am today Jarvis wouldn't let Fletch borrow his Ninja Turtle undies so Fletch screamed. Then Jarvis screamed. Then I screamed. Then we all screamed. Then I went to work.
At 7.30am one of the girls at work sat in my office and told me the longest story about something I didn't care about. In my head I was still screaming. And I wanted coffee.
At 8am two of my staff wanted me to referee an argument they were having. I imagined they were cockatoos screeching at each other. We didn't work it out.
At 9am my phone started ringing. And ringing. And ringing. It didn't stop.
At 10am kindy rang and said my husband couldn't make it to 'Making Things with Daddy' and maybe I could come so my baby didn't feel abandoned. The activity was pieces of wood and hammers. And 30 toddlers. And their dads. And it didn't stop until midday. I had to go back to work. I wanted to go shopping.
At 1pm I had a meeting. Everyone talked a lot. About nothing. For 2 hours. I talked a lot about nothing too.
At 3pm I did a farewell speech for someone I don't like. Everyone laughed too loud. I smiled so much my face hurt.
At 4.30pm I got in the car and sat in it for a really long time. I was moving. It just didn't feel like it.
At 6pm I served dinner. My husband wasn't hungry. The boys said they didn't like it. Jarvis remembered he wanted bikkies. I ate a sausage on a roll with onions, jalapenos and ranch dressing and wished I was American. Or at least, in America.
At 7pm I had a shower with the boys. They like the echoes in the shower when you yell.
Today was a jackhammer day.

No comments:

Post a Comment