Pages

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Adam and the Ants? What the ...?

Actually, after reading my last post, I thought some people might be wondering why my five year old son even knows the lyrics of a band who had its heyday a quarter of a century before he was born.
I've never been a fan of kids music and we used to have a pretty long commute to daycare. I tried but  I soon realised that if I had to hear one more Wiggles song, somebody was going to get hurt. Really hurt. For the record, I also won't listen to Play School, the Hooly Doolys, Justine Clarke or anything else kids normally find appealing. I was certain that I could find something in my varied music collection that we could all enjoy and by that I mean something I could enjoy. We've had some failures : Bjork, Madonna, Abba. But Adam and the Ants, Cypress Hill and the Beastie Boys (I did say I had a varied collection) have all hit the mark.
Sorry. I am a selfish mother. Which is why my kids think there is only one channel on the television. The Food Network. They love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment