Pages

Friday, October 21, 2011

My Poor Freezer

Before the boys came along, my freezer usually contained the following :

- a bottle of Absolut vodka. I never drank it, but a freezer needs vodka, no?
- several blends of coffee
- chicken carcasses waiting to be 'stocked'
- at least 3 flavours of gourmet ice cream
- maybe a packet of spinach pastizzi
- lots and lots of ice cubes

Nothing more, nothing less. Everything had it's place and sometimes I used to just look in there to make myself happy.
Now, my freezer contains the following :


The little yellow-lidded container is my coffee. How long does coffee actually keep in the freezer? Forever, I hope. Because that's how long that's been there. I'm more of an instant girl these days. Or if I'm truthful, iced instant coffee. Unintentional iced coffee.
And on the outside of the freezer, back then? Nothing. I used to be an appliance purist. But now?

All the mothers I know ask 'why didn't anyone ever really tell me what labour was going to be like?' I'm wondering why nobody told me what would happen to my freezer.

No comments:

Post a Comment