Pages

Friday, October 07, 2011

Cherry Walnut Chew Chews

I have recently had an unhealthy craving for glace cherries. The red ones. Maybe I'm feeling guilty about all the American recipes I've been making so I looked on the google machine and found this recipe. It seemed like exactly what I wanted (and the name is too cute). I swapped the dates in the recipe for glace cherries (but I reckon dates would be pretty good too) and it was awesome! Chewy (the edges are amazing) and buttery with little bursts of sweet from the cherries. Just so good.

Chew Chews
1 cup SR flour
1 cup caster sugar
1 egg
110 g butter, melted
1 cup glace cherries, chopped in halves
1 cup walnuts, roughly crushed

Preheat oven to 180. Grease a shallow 30 x 20cm pan and line bottom with foil. Mix flour, sugar, egg and butter until combined. Stir in cherries and nuts. Press ino pan - make sure you go right up to the edges. Bake until well-browned, about 20 mins. Cool in pan - it will crumble if you take it out before it's cold. Cut into squares. Sit down. Eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment