Pages

Monday, October 03, 2011

Diet

Monday 3rd October 9am - I started a diet today. I have started a diet almost every Monday for the last 20 years, but I have a really good feeling about this one. I’m even thinking of calling it a lifestyle change instead of a diet because it’s really about being healthy, isn’t it? And weight loss would be an added bonus? (I’m struggling a little bit with that but it’s early days yet). So my mindset today is that I’ll change the way I eat to be healthy, not because I really want to wear skinny jeans. But I really, really, really want to wear skinny jeans.
What’s my plan? It’s simple and obvious. Eat less, move more. No more Celebrity Slim (but how yummy is the cookies and cream shake?), cabbage soup, Atkins, South Beach, food combining, fasting, Zone, cookie diet, Dr Hay, grapefruit, Israeli Army, colonic irrigation (sorry, but I’m just keeping it real), fat free, Medifast, Pritikin, Scarsdale, VLC or Weight Watchers. Actually, to be fair to Weight Watchers I have lost about a hundred kilos with them. That’s right. 100kg. How did I do that? I joined up and lost about 10kg every year for 10 years.
So I’m going to eat more fruit, pack my lunch, use the stairs at work and stop eating cake. I am positive this is going to change my life.

Monday 3rd October 5pm … Oops.

No comments:

Post a Comment