Pages

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Trick or Treat

When I first started working at this company many years ago, there were a lot of things that were new to me. But I adapted. One thing I'm still trying to get to grips with is the 'theme day'. Now, I'm not sure if this is something that lots of workplaces do, but we do it. A lot.

I remember in my first month, I rang my mum in tears at midnight one night because I had to make an Easter bonnet, and it just wasn't happening for me. She told me to call an ambulance as obviously I needed psychiatric help.

I'm getting better at it as time goes on. Lord knows I've had some practice.
This week I even had a breakthrough of sorts. We had Halloween. I knew exactly what to wear. My 'Jacob is the New Black' t-shirt. And I knew just what to bring for the morning tea:


And I looked around at my colleagues and what they were wearing and what they bought to eat. It made me smile. And I didn't feel like a freak at all. Despite the fact that I am a forty year old woman, advertising not only the fact that she loves the Twilight series but actually has a preference between a vampire and a werewolf for a boyfriend.

Maybe I've accepted this 'theme day' gig or maybe it's Halloween I love. But I am very happy today. And totally strung out on sugar.

No comments:

Post a Comment