Pages

Monday, September 19, 2011

Just Like any Other Monday ...

So today was just like any other Monday. Except it wasn't. Every Monday, I go to work and the boys go to school. We're all pretty happy about that. I think. Today was no different ... except ... we had our school fair on the weekend and I spent a heap of time in the kids' environment. Apart from the odd birthday party, I never see their friends, haven't met most of the parents, miss the playdates etc. Even though I was aware that they had a little life (well, most of their life actually) away from me, I didn't realise it might be an issue for me.
When they were in daycare, I was involved in every little detail. The centre was in my building, I saw their teachers every day, had coffee with the mum's before work, was involved in every social activity and had the hour's drive home to catch up the news of the day. Now? Nothing. By the time I get home from work, homework is done, playdates are over, they're fed, bathed, pyjama'd and not too interested in talking about their day. I can count on one hand the times I've seen Fletch in his school uniform all year. Tragic, yes?
So anyway, today I felt a little different when I left for work. I'm suddenly properly aware of what I'm missing.
Like this :

And this :

This is something I'm really going to have to think about. Soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment